To become an AWTC member, you will firstly need to sign up with Triathlon Australia.
Once you have created a profile for yourself, you can purchase a membership with Albury Wodonga Triathlon Club.
This membership includes your race day insurance & public liability cover. It also includes reduced race entry fees for our club events.
To sign up & purchase a club membership, use the below link to the Triathlon Australia Portal.
Events and Times
Events generally commence at 8am, following an event briefing 15 minutes prior.
Transition area opens one hour prior to race commencement, and closes 15mins prior to race commencement.
More detailed event information can be found on the calendar once events are posted.
All competitors must obey Triathlon Australia rules, In particular:
- You must wear a swim cap (not provided)
- Torsos must be covered during the cycle and run
- Helmets are compulsory & must be Australian approved.
- Be aware of road traffic – no roads are closed.
- Obey all road rules. Marshals cannot direct traffic.
- No drafting allowed – will result in disqualification.
- Spacing of at least 3 bicycle lengths between competitors unless overtaking.
- Torsos must be covered during the run leg.
- Members in teams are to wait near the swim entry/run exit of the bike compound to be tagged for the next leg.
Location and Facilities
Most events occur at Allans Flat Waterhole around 28km from Albury on the Osbornes Flat road. The location can be found easily using Google maps. Simply CLICK HERE or search ‘Allens Flat Waterhole’
The area has basic toilets and ample car parking. There is no mains water or power. We provide fruit and water for our competitors but recommend you bring your own food and drinks.
Most events we have a coffee van on-site !
Albury-Wodonga is a popular region and has an excellent range of accommodaton available for all budgets including multiple caravan parks, camping grounds, motels, hotels, pubs etc.
In peak season it’s advisable to book ahead though generally there tends to be good availability.
Yackandadah is the closest town and is extremely popular for tourists particularly during the weekends. Limited accommodation is available.